The Association for Administrative Studies is a scientific society. The purpose of the association is to promote and develop administrative research in Finland and to participate in international cooperation in the areas of administrative studies and science.
The Association for Administrative Studies was founded in 1981. It is for all those interested in administrative research and development regardless of discipline, organization type, or operating field.
The Association for Administrative Studies does e.g. the following:
- Functions as a link between units carrying out administrative research
- Generates information on administrative education and research
- Publishes the Administrative Studies Journal (Hallinnon Tutkimus)
- Organizes the annual Administrative Research Conference
- Engages in international scientific cooperation
The association has two statutory meetings per year. The association’s board typically convenes a few times per year. The board members are experts in administration and represent various fields of administrative research.